Golden Curried Dal
From Fresh At Home by Ruth Tal Brown and Jennifer Houston.
Serves 4-6
*** Pretty simple and tasty. Even tasted good cold, on a hot day.
• 4 tbsp canola oil
• 2 cooking onions, diced
• 1 carrot, peeled and diced
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp minced fresh ginger
• 2 tsp curry powder
• 1 tsp cumin, ground
• ½ tsp turmeric
• 2-½ cups red lentils
• 8 cups vegetable stock
• 1-¾ cups (440 ml) coconut milk
• 2 green onions, finely sliced
• ¼ cup (60 ml) chopped cilantro
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Stir in onions, carrot, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
- Stir in curry powder, cumin and turmeric; cook for 30 seconds.
- Add lentils, Roasted Vegetable Stock and coconut milk.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until lentils are soft. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with green onions and cilantro and serve.

1 Comments:
Hi Marieke!!
I think this is a wonderful idea!! Very potluck club-esque! I'm looking forward to see what you post ...its always fun to share recipes :)
Congrats on the engagement too....I love the Amelie style of it all :)
My best friend is moving to Denmark in the fall to do her Masters at l'University d'Alburg (sp?) so I may be comming to visit at some point. Anyways, I just came across your blog from Steph's blog and thought I'd say hi!
Take care,
Meagan
Post a Comment
<< Home